Monday, June 7, 2010

lots of changes in the garden...

Dodging raindrops over here, we are trying to keep up with all of the growth - vegetables and weeds. Here are some pictures we've been taking for the past couple of weeks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It turns out that I really enjoy demolition work. Here I am tearing down the old fence.
Our peach and apricot trees have lots of leaves on them!


coreopsis


kale


chocolate mint and spearmint


cosmos


teepee tomato staking


weeding


relaxing


lettuce


cabbage


oregeno


pepper


petunia


david behind the really tall buckwheat covercrop


feverfew


rhubarb (1st year, so we can't eat it)


parsley


and of course, a bouquet


3 comments:

  1. My goodness - there is a lot of activity going on in the garden! I love all of the flowers and herbs. I didn't realize you were planting tomatoes this year. The fruit trees have really leafed out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! Did you ever say if you are putting some stairs in to get from your lower 40 to the side?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I'm envious of your actual pepper(s) -- my pepper plants are still like 3 inches tall! I think it really doesn't get warm enough here (got maybe 3 golf-ball sized peppers last year and 80% dead pepper plants), and yet I am trying for a second year! Go go peppers! Die die slugs!

    However, in my garden's defense, the tomatoes are thriving. :)

    ReplyDelete