Tuesday, July 6, 2010

spinning

I have found a new (highly addictive) hobby...
This book was incredibly helpful in figuring out techniques. I also watched several YouTube videos. I can't believe how easy it is to spin yarn. No kidding! I just got the spindle and book last weekend and I already have a skein of yarn.
The yarn became a bit frizzy during the finishing process. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this? We are thinking that I may have brought the water to a boil too quickly.
So, as soon as I finish the cardigan (that I've been working on for a looooong time...see below), I plan to knit something fun with my first skein of handspun yarn!

3 comments:

  1. You are officially, in my mind, magic. Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed! A friend of mine has begun spinning. She has gotten some alpaca skeins to spin - they are about the same color as your yarn. I think she is using a spinning wheel, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cool is that? bec you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete