I joined
Cosy's falkland fiber club and I'm glad I did. Yesterday, I finished spinning the beautifully dyed fiber and it turned out like this.

It was a bit thinner than I wanted it to be, so I decided to ply it with this beautiful yellow wool yarn that my mother-in-law gave to me. If I remember correctly, she bought it in Scotland when David's family lived there many years ago.

It turned out pretty neat.

The colors are gorgeous and I spun over 150 yards.

I'm excited for it to finish drying, so I can start knitting with it!
I love my new spinning wheel!
I LOVE this yarn! And I think it's so neat that you were able to mix the old with the new. Very special.
ReplyDeleteI spin a little on a drop spindle and plying completely intimidates me...have you ever plied on a drop spindle?
Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI only plied once with a drop spindle and it got a bit crazy with two balls of yarn rolling all over the place. I eventually put one ball in a shoebox, which helped control it a little bit.
I've since learned that I could have wrapped the to balls of yarn onto giant knitting needles and used those like plying sticks; you just hold them both in one hand with a finger between them.
Ooh gorgeous! You make me want to try spinning afterall :)
ReplyDeleteThat turned out beautifully, Rebecca. I am so glad that you were able to use that yarn. I think it actually came from some yarn that Grandma got for me from either Maine or Canada, though. It may have come from Scotland originally. It is from many, many years ago in any event. It looks so good with the yarn you spun.
ReplyDelete