Sunday, June 26, 2011

last weekend of june in the garden

front of the garden; to see notes on this photo, click here.

milkweed (butterfly weed)


columbine in dark purple


milkweed in pink; this plant is about 4' tall


These Boots Were Made For Plantin'? They didn't fit, so I repurposed them.


what is it about the first gigantic bloom of a sunflower each summer?


lots of volunteer dill everywhere...this one just happened to have a little visitor.


chicory...you know that weed that you see along roads; well, I think it is beautiful. We've also heard that grinding up and roasting up the root makes a good coffee substitute. Has anyone tried this before?


apricot!

2 comments:

  1. I love columbine. I have tried to grow some, but have had no luck. I guess I will just have to come up there and admire yours. Your apricot looks just about ripe. Yum!

    ReplyDelete