Monday, June 18, 2012

around the garden

~Basil in the top left corner...can you smell it in the picture?!? I made pesto (basil, garlic, olive oil and pecans - since these were the nuts we had on hand) and froze it in ice cube trays over the weekend.

~This is the fifth batch of mint leaves that I've picked this year; I've been solar drying the mint on a cookie sheet on the backseat of our car. This was an idea that a friend had recommended; so far I've dried mint, thyme, and sage. So the wind doesn't blow the herbs around the car, I've used an extra piece of screen mesh material that we had on hand to cover the cookie sheet. The car smells great!

~In the right bottom corner is a salad - we've been picking lettuce almost daily and (now) nasturtium blossoms for a fun looking salad or wrap. Yum!

~The red raspberries are ripe for pickin' - I picked some on Saturday and then another round on Sunday evening, which I'll throw on my granola this morning.

-The blackberries will not be rushed this season; they are such a beautiful color right now.

I've got rhubarb muffins on my mind...maybe later this week.

Our little peach tree is LOADED with peaches this year. Keeping our fingers crossed for an abundant harvest.

and the bee balm bloomed this week.


1 comment: