On this first day of Autumn, I expected to find yellows, reds, and oranges, but I was absolutely blown away by the purples and blues - keep scrolling down to see what I mean.
Yes, that last flower got my attention as well. I nearly walked right by it. After some research, I believe it is a Commelina Communis (aka Asiatic Dayflower); they are not native to North America, but I'm glad that someone thought we might like them over here because they have such gorgeous and intricate little blossoms. The flower itself is so small that I didn't even see that itty bitty red bug on it until I uploaded the picture on my computer and enlarged it!
And the multicolored berries? What in the world?! David promptly named them the Dr. Seuss berries and that just about describes them perfectly. Aren't they wild?
Hello, Autumn. You've already surprised me this year!
Hello, Autumn. You've already surprised me this year!












No comments:
Post a Comment