Sunday, January 23, 2011

Banner Way Barter Bash

Yesterday we had a (first annual?) Banner Way Barter Bash and it was a Blast!

A few of our friends had suggested having a swapping party, so we volunteered to host. Since I had never attended this type of gathering (let alone host one), I did what anyone else in my position would do: I googled "how to host a swapping party". If you are thinking about having a bartering party, Real Simple has a really thorough guide for this kind of event.

We invited some friends with similar interests, requesting that items remain under the size of a bread box; I'd say the get together was a success! We were able to give away some duplicate cookbooks in our library and kitchen appliances. One person's trash is another person's treasure!

Couldn't resist playing some music with these talented folks!

As John Alexander once said, "When simple living stops being fun, you'll see my taillights."
For now, living simply is pretty enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment